Can I Sell By Owner AND Be On The MLS?
YES – Now You Can!
We have had a lot of clients asking if there was a way to sell by owner AND be on the MLS (Multiple Listing Service).
We have made an agreement with a local broker who will place your property on the MLS…and, you can still sell the home by owner!
If “you” sell the property – you do not owe the agent another dime!
How does this work?
Simple as 1-2-3
1) Contact the agent to setup a time to have the paperwork done (see info below)
2) The agent schedules the photo session and collects your property information
3) Make the upfront payment of $990 and then we take it from there.
What is included?
- Professionally licensed support from start to finish
- Pre-market Home Value Consultation
- MLS Listing
- Your property will be listed on Realtor.com, zillow, trulia, and all the other local real estate sites that feed off the mls!
- The ability to still sell by owner! (If you sell fsbo, you don’t owe another dime)!
- Professional photos and marketing
- Custom Sign Package
- Bluetooth Key Access Box
- Showing time appointment request scheduler
- Required disclosures and documents
- Professional negotiations on all offers, repair agreements, etc
- And, the best part is you are listed until the property sells!
Do I “have” to pay a commission?
Only if the agent or another agent sells the property.
(The % commission is no more than 4%. Both buyer & seller agents split that 4% if more than one agent is involved).
If you sell it – you do not owe the percentage commission!
What is the commission rate?
Depending on the options you choose with the agent – the commission will be anywhere from 3.4% to 4%…(Almost half of what most agencies negotiate)!
Please contact the agent for details on rates & services.
Will this work with any agent/brokerage?
Only if the agent/broker is willing to provide the same program at the same reduced rate (which is very unlikely).
What if I decide to go back to selling strictly by owner?
If you decide at any time to discontinue your contract with the brokerage and not continue with the mls package, your qchomeshow.com ad will also expire.
The reason your qchomeshow.com ad will expire as well is because the brokerage is paying for the ad.
You pay the brokerage for the mls package (agent services, etc) and they pay qchomeshow for the advertising. (so, the brokerage owns the ad).
Example; if you hired an agent to sell your home and they ran a newspaper ad to help sell your home – once your contract with the agent expires or is ended – the newspaper cannot continue to run that ad for you (because you do not own the ad). You would have to purchase your own newspaper ad and not use the ad the agency paid for.
What do I need to do to prepare the home?
- Make sure the property is “photo ready” Click here for tips
- Make a list of all the updates done to the property and be sure to include the year the update was made.